The IT department is here to help you get comfortable with our LMS and technology. To do this, we are offering 3 orientation/training items for you to experience:
Faculty Orientation -
- Our Faculty Orientation can be found on our MyUSF, under the Help tab, labeled “Faculty Orientation” on the left Navigation. It will introduce you to USF policies, software, and help documents for teaching and using the LMS.
- Here is the link: https://my.usiouxfalls.edu/ICS/Help/Faculty_Orientation/
FAC100 – self-paced course about the learning management system basics.
- Once you are registered, you will also have a FAC999 course where you will be listed as an instructor. You will go to the 100 class and be a student and use the FAC999 class as your practice course, so you can try anything you want in that class as an instructor and really feel safe learning about our LMS. The class is self-paced so if you need help in any way, you will need to contact Veda Iverson. FAC100 and FAC999 will be listed in your left navigation Quick Links under +My Courses.
- To register, please email the ITHelpDesk at ITHelpDesk@usiouxfalls.edu
FAC200 – (required for teaching online or hybrid). This course gives you help with instructional design as well as advanced features of the LMS.
- We will be offering FAC200 various times during the year to those needing online certification or those wanting to use the advanced LMS tools. This course will run like an online course except for the scheduling will be flexible for you.
- Please notify ITHelpDesk@usiouxfalls.edu to register for the course.
Other items to consider:
Photo: If you have not taken a head-shot for an ID and have a digital picture you would like included, please just attach it to an email to Tara Johanneson.
Help: In MyUSF we have an area for help documents and videos: it is in MyUSF, under the Help tab, link: https://my.usiouxfalls.edu/ICS/Help/
Laptop/Phone setup: If you need help setting up your email on your phone or getting your Microsoft Office downloaded to you computer, please feel free to contact IT for help (ITHelpDesk) or stop by the Information Technology offices in lower level Jorden Hall.
Course Shell Evaluation: Please feel free to set up a time to meet with LMS support (ITHelpDesk@usiouxfalls.edu) to get help with your course setup.